Advocacy and Support Services
Through our Advocacy and Support Services, we help adults with mental health Issues handle arising issues or challenging situations by providing a quick and flexible response to a request for help along with professional advocacy and support.
How does it work?
We help by:
Providing a quick and flexible response to a request for help
- Matching adults with a Social Worker
- Listening and learning about immediate concerns
- Identifying key factors affecting the situation
Providing Professional Advocacy and Support
- Providing options, guidance and support to handle immediate concerns
- Helping to complete tasks to address the current concern
- Intervening to manage difficult situations, as needed
Helping Adults to move forward in their life
- Teaching how to exercise rights and freedoms to maintain independence
- Teaching how to handle arising issues going forward
- Connecting adults to available services and resources, as needed
Typical areas of assistance:
- Housing and Daily Living
- Community Support Services and Referrals
- Elder Abuse or Neglect
- Money and Finances
- Health and Well-being
- Other arising issues
Adults who are 18 years and older with a mental health issue.
Referrals are not required, but are welcomed from family, friends, advocates and agencies.
This is a voluntary program. Clients can withdraw from the program at any time.