Flexible supports for people’s lives. Through our Avenues Program, we provide personalized human resource and financial support for people with individualized or Passport funding. Our qualified staff help adults with developmental disabilities recruit, hire and maintain independent contractors and employees. Please note: there are fees for our Avenue Program, please see below for details.
How does it work?
The Avenues Program helps Adults with Developmental Disabilities:
- Decide how to use their individualized or Passport funding
- Recruit, interview, schedule, train and monitor paid contractors and employees
- Manage bank accounts, pay bills, pay employees
- Maintain your employee contracts, basic admin/legal records, payroll administration
Where do we support people?
We provide some support at our Main or Satellite offices across Windsor-Essex. Most support happens in the community:
- People’s Homes, Workplaces, Volunteer Locations, Schools,
- Community Centres, Police stations, Courts, Coffee Shops, Libraries, etc.
Adults (18 years and older) with a developmental disability that have been allocated individualized or Passport funding from the Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS).
Fees for Avenues Program
The cost of this service varies depending on the services chosen. Please contact us to discuss potential fees and payment details.
Referrals are accepted from Family, Friends, Advocates, Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) and other professionals.
This is a voluntary program. Clients can withdraw from the program at any time with approximately 30 days’ notice.
Support Your Way
FSWE is affiliated with Support Your Way, an online service that helps families, individuals and professionals with information and links to support services in local communities and across the province. Support Your Way also uses the ever growing and popular workerbank database that connects families & individuals looking for screened direct support workers.
Click here to learn more about www.supportyourway.ca