Everyone needs support at some time in their life. Our qualified counsellors can help you work through your concerns, develop new coping skills and build self-resiliency to help you move forward through whatever your stage of life. Our counsellors use several therapeutic interventions with a recognition of the goals and values of each person we have the privilege of serving, including an emphasis on growth and development and assisting people with situational change.
We offer individual, couples and family (including children’s and youth) counselling services in such areas as marriage, addiction, depression, anxiety, sexuality, separation, divorce, parenting, trauma, self-esteem and emotional regulation and overall wellness. Family Services Windsor-Essex offers our services at locations across Windsor and Essex County. Our counselling fees are affordable as we are committed to ensuring that no one is turned away due to their inability to pay (see below for more on fees).
Family Services Windsor-Essex is a place where human rights are respected and where the 2SLGBTQIA+ community are welcomed and supported. Professional counselling services are available for the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Family Services Windsor-Essex offers compassionate and non-judgmental support for individuals, their partners, family members and caregivers.
If you need to talk, we are here to help. Contact us today: 1-888-933-1831.
Talking with a counsellor can help you:
- Reduce feelings of sadness, anger, fear, and anxiety
- Learn new coping skills to manage your issues
- Get life coaching to better handle various stages of your life
- Know that you have professional support
- Connect you with other services, as needed
Professional counselling when you need it:
- Available for individuals, couples, families, teens and children
- Walk-in, appointments and group counselling available
- Short or long-term support based on your needs
- Referral to other community agencies, when needed
Counselling works best if you:
- Are open and honest with your counsellor
- Trust that talking about your feelings and thoughts is important
- Understand that change takes time and effort from you
- Are ready to follow through on decisions made by you during counselling
- Come on time for appointments and be ready to work with your counsellor
Our qualified counsellors:
- Focus on your growth and development
- Facilitate your overall well-being and resilience
- Have a broad range of clinical expertise and real-life experience
- Can support you to work on a wide range of issues
- Are members of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers with at minimum a University Master’s degree
Book an appointment to talk with a qualified counsellor. We offer scheduled counselling appointment times throughout Windsor and Essex County. Evening and Saturday appointments are also available.
Talk with a qualified counsellor without a scheduled appointment. We offer immediate access to counselling services throughout Windsor and Essex County through our Walk-In Counselling Clinics. Openings on a first-come first-serve basis.
Our Group Counselling Programs use relevant and evidenced-based therapeutic formats to promote personal awareness and growth. Our group programs provide training to help you make substantial changes in your life towards your desired outcomes.
Neurofeedback is a tool that can use your brain’s natural electrical activity to help it function more effectively. Your brainwaves are observed in action and your brain is rewarded for changing its own activity to more desirable patterns.
Our free, four-part virtual mental wellness workshop covers four topics: sense of self; boundaries, communication and decision-making; feelings, anxiety and stress; and depression and anger.