Elder Abuse Response Service
Through our Elder Abuse Response Service, we help Older Adults deal with neglect, bullying and abuse. Elder Abuse can include:
- Financial or property misuse
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Mental or Emotional abuse
- Caregiver neglect or self-neglect
How does it work?
We help older adults by:
Providing a quick and flexible response to a request for help
- Matching Older Adults with a Social Worker
- Listening and learning about immediate concerns of neglect, bullying or abuse
- Identifying key factors influencing the situation
Providing Professional Advocacy and Support
- Providing options, guidance and support to handle concerns of abuse, neglect or bullying
- Together – stopping any abuse from taking place and addressing other areas of concern
- Intervening on behalf of the Older Adults, if needed
Helping Older Adults to move forward in their life
- Teaching how to exercise rights and freedoms to maintain independence
- Teaching how to recognize arising issues in the future
- Planning how to deal with abuse, neglect or bullying
- Connecting Older Adults to available services and resources, as needed
We can help a Friend or Advocate
on behalf of an Older Adult
- Respond to a suspected abuse
- Help the Older Adult resolve a challenge or conflict
- Intervene on behalf of the Older Adult, if needed
- Support the Older Adult with next steps
- Connect them to other Agencies for support, as needed
Adults 55 years and older.
Referrals are not required, but are welcomed from family, friends, advocates and agencies.
This is a voluntary program. Clients can withdraw from the program at any time.