Welcome to Family Services Windsor-Essex’s (FSWE) virtual Media Room!
Click on the links below to jump to a specific section:
- Our Mission and our Story
- Our Branding and Logos
- Our Management Team (Bios and Photos)
- Our Key Milestones
- Fact Sheets about our agency and our work
- FSWE in the News (Audio/video interviews and segments)
- Awards and Recognition
- Previous Media Releases
Our Mission and Our Story
At FSWE, we believe that what makes us human is the drive to self-determination. When people lose this drive due to injustices such as trauma, poverty, exclusion and discrimination, FSWE provides support to build resiliency and restore people’s ability to choose their own place in the world.
For us, that means that through our counselling and individual support services, we are focused on:
- Helping people become mentally well
- Helping people meet their basic needs
- Helping people feel valued and included
- Making Windsor-Essex a better place to live
Family Services Windsor-Essex (FSWE) was established in 2012 following the amalgamation of two charitable agencies, Family Service Windsor-Essex County and Citizen Advocacy Windsor-Essex.
Family Service Windsor-Essex County was established in 1951, as an agency offering counselling services to individuals, couples and families. The agency was one of the first organizations to be funded by United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County.
Citizen Advocacy Windsor-Essex was established in 1975 as an organization to assist adults with a developmental disability to live full lives in the community.
FSWE is a registered charity. Our registration number is 130364102 RR 0001.
Our Branding and Logos
Download a copy of our Branding Guidelines.
For our logos, select the format that best suits your need. Please do not modify the logo (other than resizing). If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
JPG: Can be imported into Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
- English: Download .jpg format (zip file)
EPS: The best choice for high resolution printing. Suggested for use in applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Quark.
- English: Download .eps format (zip file)
PNG: Alternative to JPG. Can be imported into Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
- Download .tiff format (zip file)
AI: Alterative to EPS. Also a good choice for high resolution printing. Suggested for use in applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Quark
Our Management Team
Photos and Bios of Joyce and all Managers.
Photos: Professional and downloadable
Bios: 200 – 300 words
WordPress plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/timeline-express/
- 1951: FSWE was established
- 2010: Walk-in Clinics launched
- 2012: FSWE and Citizen Advocacy amalgamate
- 2014: FSWE purchases office space at 1770 Langlois and creates the Langlois Community Hub
- 2015: Windsor-Essex Housing Connections launched
- EAP milestones?
View or download Fact Sheets by Program:
- Agency Fact Sheet
- Counselling Program
- Housing First
- Voluntary Trusteeship and Financial Literacy
- Elder Abuse Response Service
- Hoarding Response Service
- Adult Protective Service Worker (APSW)
- Partner Assault Response (PAR)
- Income Tax Completion Clinic
FSWE in the News
We are always honoured to have our stories captured by journalists. Here are stories in the last few years that we are proud of and highlight our work:
- City council approves homelessness and housing hub concept
- Jarvis: ‘The issue is big, it is complex and we can’t rely on the benevolence of good-hearted people to solve this problem’
- Family Services receives $200K for ‘tiny house’ development tool proposal
- Work stress during pandemic prompts more to seek help
- Push is on for more outreach workers in downtown Windsor
- How’s your relationship holding up during the pandemic?
- As COVID-19 persists, so does mental health ‘echo pandemic’
- City of Windsor says it’s ‘tipping the scale’ toward ending chronic homelessness by 2028
- ‘An alternative to going to court’: Family Services Windsor-Essex launches new community mediation program
Awards and Recognition
FSWE is proud to have received and be recognized for the following:
- Accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation (continuously since 1998; most recently designation in 2020).
- Finalist in the 2020 Business Excellence Awards “Pillar of our Community”
- Recipient of the 2019 Gord Smith Healthy Workplace Platinum Award for our commitment to workplace wellness
- Certified as a Living Wage Employer in 2017
Here is a curated list of our media releases. You can find all of them in our “What’s New” section:
- FSWE stands up for the Rights of Older Adults on World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD), June 15th, 2021
- New Windsor-Essex Counselling Support Line
- Habitat For Humanity, new community partnership
- Community Mediation Windsor-Essex now available!
To schedule an interview with any of our staff, please reach out to:
jmarin [at] fswe [dot] ca