Welcome to Family Services Windsor-Essex’s (FSWE) virtual Media Room!
Click on the links below to jump to a specific section:
- Our Mission and our Story
- Our Branding and Logos
- Our Management Team
- Our Key Milestones
- FSWE in the News
- Awards and Recognition
- Previous Media Releases
Our Mission and Our Story
At FSWE, we believe that what makes us human is the drive to self-determination. When people lose this drive due to injustices such as trauma, poverty, exclusion and discrimination, FSWE provides support to build resiliency and restore people’s ability to choose their own place in the world.
For us, that means that through our counselling and individual support services, we are focused on:
- Helping people become mentally well
- Helping people meet their basic needs
- Helping people feel valued and included
- Making Windsor-Essex a better place to live
Family Services Windsor-Essex (FSWE) was established in 2012 following the amalgamation of two charitable agencies, Family Service Windsor-Essex County and Citizen Advocacy Windsor-Essex.
Family Service Windsor-Essex County was established in 1951, as an agency offering counselling services to individuals, couples and families. The agency was one of the first organizations to be funded by United Way/Centraide Windsor-Essex County.
Citizen Advocacy Windsor-Essex was established in 1975 as an organization to assist adults with a developmental disability to live full lives in the community.
FSWE is a registered charity. Our registration number is 130364102 RR 0001.
Our Branding and Logos
Download a copy of our Branding Guidelines.
For our logos, select the format that best suits your need. Please do not modify the logo (other than resizing).
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at [email protected]
JPG: Can be imported into Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
- English: Download .jpg format in colour, black and greyscale (zip file)
EPS: The best choice for high resolution printing. Suggested for use in applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Quark.
- English: download .eps format in colour, black, greyscale and white (zip file)
PNG: Alternative to JPG. Can be imported into Microsoft Word or PowerPoint.
- English: Download .png format in colour, black, greyscale and white (zip file)
Our Management Team
- Joyce Zuk
- Lauren Bondy, Operations
- Ciara Holmes, Counselling
- Allison Prieur, Quality Assurance and Training
- Beth Anne Ternovan, Counselling and EAP
- Barb Iacono, Housing Program
- Mehnaz Rafat, Community Programs
- Judy Lund, Operations
- Paulina Gillet, Community Partnerships
- 2022: Highest-ever counselling sessions delivered (15,500 sessions) and supporting those access permanent housing (100 people)
- 2021: FSWE builds 6 room housing unit for 10 at-risk youth
- 2018: Inaugural Professional Speaker Series, an annual event to bring renowned professional training for mental health clinicians in Windsor-Essex County
- 2015: Windsor-Essex Housing Connections (WEHC) launched to help end homelessness in Windsor-Essex
- 2014: FSWE purchases office space at 1770 Langlois and creates the Langlois Community Hub
- 2012: FSWE and Citizen Advocacy amalgamate
- 2010: Family Service Windsor-Essex County introduces first « walk-in » counselling services to Windsor-Essex.
- 1951: Family Service Windsor-Essex County opens its doors.
FSWE in the News
We are always honoured to have our stories captured by journalists. Here are stories in the last few years that we are proud of and highlight our work. All images have been reproduced here from their original online articles and are copyrighted by their respective news outlets.
January 12, 2022
December 6, 2021
CTV News Windsor
July 26, 2021
CTV News Windsor
June 2, 2021
April 27, 2021
April 9, 2021
February 19, 2021
CTV News Windsor
February 12, 2021
- Windsor micro-house project goes national with federal funds
- City of Windsor officially unveils affordable youth housing project
- City council approves homelessness and housing hub concept
- Jarvis: ‘The issue is big, it is complex and we can’t rely on the benevolence of good-hearted people to solve this problem’
- Family Services receives $200K for ‘tiny house’ development tool proposal
- Work stress during pandemic prompts more to seek help
- Push is on for more outreach workers in downtown Windsor
- How’s your relationship holding up during the pandemic?
- As COVID-19 persists, so does mental health ‘echo pandemic’
- City of Windsor says it’s ‘tipping the scale’ toward ending chronic homelessness by 2028
- ‘An alternative to going to court’: Family Services Windsor-Essex launches new community mediation program
Awards and Recognition
FSWE is proud to have received and be recognized for the following:
- Accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation (continuously since 1998; most recently designation in 2020).
- Finalist in the 2020 Business Excellence Awards « Pillar of our Community » category.
- Recipient of the 2019 Gord Smith Healthy Workplace Platinum Award for our commitment to workplace wellness
- Certified as a Living Wage Employer in 2017
Below is a curated list of recent media releases:
- FSWE stands up for the Rights of Older Adults on World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD), June 15th, 2021
- New Windsor-Essex Counselling Support Line
- Habitat For Humanity, new community partnership
- Community Mediation Windsor-Essex now available!
To schedule an interview with any of our staff, please reach out to:
jmarin [at] fswe [dot] ca