Flexible supports for people’s lives. Through our Avenues Program, we provide personalized human resource and financial support for people with individualized or Passport funding. Our qualified staff help adults with developmental disabilities recruit, hire and maintain independent contractors and employees. Please note: there are fees for our Avenue Program, please see below for details.
How does it work?
The Avenues Program helps adults
with developmental disabilities:
- Budgeting – Helping you decide how to best use Individualized or Passport funding
- Finances – Direct payment of your bills to other services and agency supports. Reimbursement of invoiced expenses
- Staffing – Support with recruiting, training, monitoring your independent contractors/employees. Support with administering their contracts and annual reviews
- Liaison – Linking you to the wider community
Where do we support people?
We provide some support at our main or satellite offices across Windsor-Essex, as well as virtual and telephonic support.
Most support happens in the community:
- People’s homes, workplaces, volunteer locations, and schools
- Community centres, police stations, courts, coffee shops, and libraries
YOU decide how much service you need!
Adults (18 years and older) with a developmental disability that have been allocated individualized or Passport funding from the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCSS).
Fees for Avenues Program:
The cost of this service varies depending on the services chosen. Please contact us to discuss potential fees and payment details.
Referrals are accepted from family, friends, advocates, Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) and other professionals.
This is a voluntary program. Clients can withdraw from the program at any time with approximately 30 days notice.
Avenues Program Resources
We have a number of basic forms and resources available for people and families who use this program. Avenues Program resources can be accessed here
Support Your Way
FSWE is affiliated with Support Your Way, an online service that helps families, individuals and professionals with information and links to support services in local communities and across the province. Support Your Way also uses the ever growing and popular workerbank database that connects families and individuals looking for screened direct support workers.
How Support Services Work
Our Professional Support Staff will
- Talk privately with people about concerns
- Decide what issues to work on together
- Provide advice, advocacy and professional support to manage concerns
- Connect people with other community agencies, as needed
- Help deal with any new issues that may arise
- Help people cope with changes in life
Our Professional Support Staff
- Can support people as they work on a wide range of concerns
- Focus on growth, development and independence
- Facilitate overall well-being and resilience
- Have a broad range of clinical expertise and real-life experience
How much will it cost?
Most of our Support Services are free, unless otherwise indicated by the specific program. Donations for Support Services are very welcomed. Donations help us continue our important, local work. Make a donation to our Support Services today.