The Essex County Homelessness Hub (ECH2) is a drop-in program that is designed to meet the specific needs of individuals and families in Essex County who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless.
Located at 215 Talbot Street, and funded by the County of Essex, services available include:
- Assistance with Central Housing Applications
- Search for affordable housing
- Information and referrals to outside services
- Connecting individuals to income support
- Eviction prevention
- Liaison with ODSP/OW and income supports
- Access to computers and telephone services
- Helping individuals meet their basic needs, securing food and clothing
- Support in obtaining identification
- Access to harm reduction services
The ECH2 is open Monday to Sunday from 9am to 5pm.
Essex County Homeless Hub – People who are experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness in Essex County.
How Support Services Work
Our Professional Support Staff will
- Talk privately with people about concerns
- Decide what issues to work on together
- Provide advice, advocacy and professional support to manage concerns
- Connect people with other community agencies, as needed
- Help deal with any new issues that may arise
- Help people cope with changes in life
Our Professional Support Staff
- Can support people as they work on a wide range of concerns
- Focus on growth, development and independence
- Facilitate overall well-being and resilience
- Have a broad range of clinical expertise and real-life experience
How much will it cost?
Most of our Support Services are free, unless otherwise indicated by the specific program. Donations for Support Services are very welcomed. Donations help us continue our important, local work. Make a donation to our Support Services today.