Through our Voluntary Trusteeship and Financial Literacy Program, we can help people better manage their money, pay their bills on time and teach people basic money management.
How does it work?
Our professional staff will:
- Receive all money directly from an individual’s source
- Create a budget with people for their spending money
- Pay all bills on time
- Teach people about
- Basic money management
- Credit cards and interest rates
Our advocacy and support services help:
- Budget people’s money to get the most from the monthly allowance
- Ensure all bills are paid on time
- Plan how to handle arising financial concerns
- Ongoing professional counselling and support
- Connect to other services for support, as needed
Open to everyone 16 years and older, facing one (or more) of these situations:
- Have trouble managing money
- Homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless
- Receives money from:
- Ontario Works,
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or
- Old Age Security (OAS) or Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
- Are living under the Low Income Cut-Off
- Are able to provide direction to program staff
- May require a trustee to help with financial management
Referrals: Referrals are not required, but are welcomed from family, friends, advocates and agencies.
Voluntary: This is a voluntary program. Clients can withdraw from the program with approximately 30 days notice.
How Support Services Work
Our Professional Support Staff will
- Talk privately with people about concerns
- Decide what issues to work on together
- Provide advice, advocacy and professional support to manage concerns
- Connect people with other community agencies, as needed
- Help deal with any new issues that may arise
- Help people cope with changes in life
Our Professional Support Staff
- Can support people as they work on a wide range of concerns
- Focus on growth, development and independence
- Facilitate overall well-being and resilience
- Have a broad range of clinical expertise and real-life experience
How much will it cost?
Most of our Support Services are free, unless otherwise indicated by the specific program. Donations for Support Services are very welcomed. Donations help us continue our important, local work. Make a donation to our Support Services today.