Through our Hoarding Response Service, we can help people deal with the clutter in their home and de-clutter to create an organized, safe and healthy place to live. Hoarding is a complex disorder with three key areas of concern:
- Collecting too many possessions and having difficulty getting rid of them
- Living areas cannot be used for their intended purposes
- Significant stress is experienced due to too many possessions
People cannot always recognize when their personal clutter has become a hoarding issue. If you suspect that you or someone you know may have a hoarding issue, please contact us at 1-888-933-1831. We can work with people to organize and manage their home and possessions, while dealing with underlying issues of hoarding.
How does it work?
Meet with our Hoarding Response Worker
- Learn about clutter and hoarding
- Figure out why there are too many belongings
- Review health and safety issues in the home
- Develop a plan to get rid of unneeded items
- Connect to cleaning services, as needed
- Teach how to avoid having too many items in the future
- Plan for a healthy and organized home
Receive Professional Support
- Counselling and problem solving support for people throughout the process
- Connecting people to other agencies to support them in an organized and healthy home
- Helping people to move forward in their life
Open to individuals who are:
- Receiving Social Assistance,
- Living in Subsidized Housing, or
- Facing eviction or becoming homeless because of hoarding
Referrals: Referrals are not required, but are welcomed from family, friends, advocates and agencies.
Voluntary: This is a voluntary program. Clients can withdraw from the program at any time.
How Support Services Work
Our Professional Support Staff will
- Talk privately with people about concerns
- Decide what issues to work on together
- Provide advice, advocacy and professional support to manage concerns
- Connect people with other community agencies, as needed
- Help deal with any new issues that may arise
- Help people cope with changes in life
Our Professional Support Staff
- Can support people as they work on a wide range of concerns
- Focus on growth, development and independence
- Facilitate overall well-being and resilience
- Have a broad range of clinical expertise and real-life experience
How much will it cost?
Most of our Support Services are free, unless otherwise indicated by the specific program. Donations for Support Services are very welcomed. Donations help us continue our important, local work. Make a donation to our Support Services today.