Hoarding Response Service
Through our Hoarding Response Service, we can help people deal with the clutter in their home and de-clutter to create an organized, safe and healthy place to live.
Hoarding is a complex disorder with three key areas of concern:
- Collecting too many possessions and having difficulty getting rid of them
- Living areas cannot be used for their intended purposes
- Significant stress is experienced due to too many possessions
People cannot always recognize when their personal clutter has become a hoarding issue. If you suspect that you or someone you know may have a hoarding issue, please contact us at 1-888-933-1831. We can work with people to organize and manage their home and possessions, while dealing with underlying issues of hoarding.
Attached are some *Hoarding Information Documents that may be helpful:
*Materials developed through funding from a Government of Canada New Horizon’s Grant.
How does it work?
Meet with our Hoarding Response Worker
- Learn about clutter and hoarding
- Figure out why there are too many belongings
- Review health and safety issues in the home
- Develop a plan to get rid of unneeded items
- Connect to cleaning services, as needed
- Teach how to avoid having too many items in the future
- Plan for a healthy and organized home
Receive Professional Support
- Counselling and problem solving support for people throughout the process
- Connecting people to other agencies to support them in an organized and healthy home
- Helping people to move forward in their life
Open to individuals who are:
- Receiving Social Assistance,
- Living in Subsidized Housing, or
- Facing eviction or becoming homeless because of hoarding
Referrals are not required, but are welcomed from Family, Friends, Advocates and Agencies.
This is a voluntary program. Clients can withdraw from the program at any time.