Hoarding Response Service
Through our Hoarding Response Service, we can help people deal with the clutter in their home and de-clutter to create an organized, safe and healthy place to live. People cannot always recognize when their personal clutter has become a hoarding issue. Hoarding is a complex disorder with three key areas of concern:
- Not organizing a person’s home and their belongings
- Collecting more stuff in the home than needed
- Having difficulty getting rid of possessions
We can work with people to organize and manage their home and possessions, while dealing with underlying issues of hoarding.
How does it work?
Meet with our Hoarding Response Worker
- Learn about clutter and hoarding
- Figure out why there are too many belongings
- Review health and safety issues in the home
- Develop a plan to get rid of unneeded items
- Connect to cleaning services, as needed
- Teach how to avoid having too many items in the future
- Plan for a healthy and organized home
Receive Professional Support
- Counselling and problem solving support for people throughout the process
- Connecting people to other agencies to support them in an organized and healthy home
- Helping people to move forward in their life
Open to individuals who are:
- Receiving Social Assistance,
- Living in Subsidized Housing, or
- Facing eviction or becoming homeless because of hoarding
Referrals are not required, but are welcomed from Family, Friends, Advocates and Agencies.
This is a voluntary program. Clients can withdraw from the program at any time.